Links on this website may lead you to a product or service that provides an affiliate commission to the owner of this site should you make a purchase. In no way does any affiliate relationship ever factor into a recommendation, or alter the integrity of the information I provide. 10% of all income made by The Healthy Tomato is donated to KidsGardening.org to support better nutrition for our youth.
Simple, yet elegant.
This would impress your family or friends and get you out of the kitchen so you can spend more time with them.
Serve as a side or an appetizer.
- 1 tbsp. parsley finely chopped
- ¼ tsp. oregano dried
- 1 tbsp. capers drained
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. 450g mozzarella, sliced
- 2 large tomatoes sliced
- 0.5 oz. 15g basil, leaves only
- 4 oz. 115g roasted red peppers, drained and sliced
- In a small bowl, mix parsley, oregano, capers, garlic, and olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- On a serving platter, arrange mozzarella slices and tomato slices in alternating layers. Add a basil leaf between each layer—top everything with roasted red peppers and drizzle with the dressing.
- Serve straight away or store in the fridge until needed.