Links on this website may lead you to a product or service that provides an affiliate commission to the owner of this site should you make a purchase. In no way does any affiliate relationship ever factor into a recommendation, or alter the integrity of the information I provide. 10% of all income made by The Healthy Tomato is donated to KidsGardening.org to support better nutrition for our youth.
Creamy Turkey Mushroom Soup
- 2 T. extra virgin olive oil
- ½ c. red onion diced small
- 1 large stalks celery diced small
- c. white mushrooms chopped
- 1 lb. ground turkey 85% lean
- 1 T. Italian seasoning
- ½ t. crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ t. garlic powder
- ½ t. onion powder
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 6 c. chicken broth preferably organic
- ½ c. heavy cream tempered*
- 1 12- oz. bag frozen riced cauliflower
- 2 c. Italian blend cheese shredded, divided
- 3 T. fresh parsley finely chopped
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and celery and sauté, stirring frequently, until the veggies are soft, approximately 4-5 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms, ground turkey, Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, garlic powder, and onion powder to the skillet. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Cook, stirring frequently, until the turkey is no longer pink and the mushrooms start to release their juices, approximately 5-7 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium and add chicken stock. Simmer for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Add a spoonful of the hot liquid to the heavy cream to temper it before adding it to the skillet, as well. Stir to combine and simmer for another 1-2 minutes.
- Add frozen cauliflower rice and 1½ cups of the shredded cheese to skillet and stir to combine. Cook for 1-2 minutes, or until cauliflower is heated through and cheese is completely melted. Taste and adjust seasonings, as desired.
- Remove from heat and transfer to individual soup bowls. To serve, top each bowl with remaining cheese and fresh parsley, if desired. Enjoy!