Links on this website may lead you to a product or service that provides an affiliate commission to the owner of this site should you make a purchase. In no way does any affiliate relationship ever factor into a recommendation, or alter the integrity of the information I provide. 10% of all income made by The Healthy Tomato is donated to KidsGardening.org to support better nutrition for our youth.
Creamy, cool, fresh. A wonderful addition to roasted veggies. Goes especially nice with Indian food or drizzled on roasted veggies and grilled meats. Try with my Mustard Turmeric Oven Roasted Veggies.
- 1 cup cucumber finely chopped or grated If using an english cucumber you can leave the peel on.
- 1 cup plain whole- milk yogurt
- 1/2 tsp salt adjust as needed
- 1/2 tsp roasted cumin seeds ground can use cumin powder instead if desired
- 1/4 tsp ground coriander
- 1 clove garlic smashed and finely diced or grated with a microplane
- a few mint leaves (or cilantro) finely chopped
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Lightly roast cumin seeds on low in a frying pan. Cool and grind in a spice grinder or pestle and mortar. A small coffee grinder works well.
- Wash and peel cucumber. Finely chop or grate.
- Whisk yogurt in a bowl.
- Add the cucumber, salt, cumin, coriander, garlic, and mint leaves, and blend together with a spoon.
- Garnish cucumber raita with fresh ground pepper and extra mint leaves if desired.
- Chill before serving.